Thursday 20 September 2012

The 3 Miracles of Struggle

http://img.mi9.com/flower/5094/2012-mother-s-day-beautiful-flower-midsummer-meadow_2560x1600_97330.jpg 

Struggling is not fun. Going through a hard time is both tiring and frustrating. Trust me, I know because I have been there myself. During the times that we are faced with defeat and impossible challenges, it is hard to see the light. It is hard to see the positive and we think we are going off course. But I am here to tell you that it is sometimes through our darkest times that we realize our greatness. And this is why:

1 We Learn and Grow

When we are faced with challenges, we often have to find other ways to deal with them because our old ways aren't working anymore. So we search for new things, things that inspire us, things that make us feel fulfilled and things that bring meaning into our lives. We are pushed to find the things that bring happiness because the things we are doing are not working. We have to look deep into ourselves to see what we really need. And through all this, we find who we really are.

2 We Realize our Strength

Sometimes we don't realize how strong we actually are until faced with hardship. In the darkest time of my life, I had no idea how I would get through it. I still don't know where my strength came from, but it came. And it always does. When we are faced with the unknown, things that we have never dealt with, life seems impossible. But I am here to tell you that there is always a way. Always.

3 We Discover New Things

We struggle because the things that were working in our lives are not working anymore. Either it is a job that is not bringing pleasure or the people in your life are bringing you down- you name it. My point is that struggle is painful but it helps us make changes and see differently.

When we struggle, we are forced to notice those things that are not working or making us happy. And the benefit of this experience is that it inspires change. We find new ways. And with an open heart and mind, we discover things that we never even knew existed. An openness to change means meeting inspiring people, seeing beautiful places and ultimately living through new experiences that will show you how rich this world is with more than you can even imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment